The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday April 6, 2002 at 15:59
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Q, I think the password is saved in the cookies, and not on this site. I also think it gets rewritten in the cookies when you save your user profile.
(But I guess Daniel could tell us exactly how it works)

And in defence of some the posts in this thread, A forum is like a community, and no one likes to be told that there is something wrong with were the hang out especially when what is said is unfounded and incorrect (as if this is the only place where passwords are case sensitive and asterisked, or that you need to log in for every post).

What rubbed people the wrong way? The fact that I
expressed a strong opinion in a non-offensive way
without attacking anyone?

I guess if an opinion is phrased in such a way as to insult someone or something important it can be seen as being offensive. It is not the expressing that can be the judge of something offensive but how it is received. Ken (assuming you are right and some part of his statement was meant for you) obviously must have taken offence to what you said (since he is generally an upbeat guy, and not the type of guy that attacks people). So in a sense all that you said in your defence can easily be applied in his defence.

Also if you have some good ideas on how to make things better, be positive and mention them as ways to improve this site. (the intermission forum would be the best place) don't be negative be positive. Obviously I don't know if they will be implemented since I am not the one making the changes :-) and I have no idea what changes you are looking for, but I guess it cannot hurt t ask.

Hosting Services by ipHouse