The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday June 26, 2002 at 02:26
DeadKen
Founding Member
May 2002
I guess that coming from the AMX world I am just dissappointed and frustrated.

I'm not saying SMPL+ is difficult. Just the opposite. Its overly simplistic.

Add that to the horrible E-Vision program and poorly thought out SIMPL Windows and the whole system is a pain.

For example, lets look at E-Vision. Do you really think that this was designed by anyone who really built a system? Why would you put Live Update on the toolbar, yet make showing subpages a forced menu pick? Why should you have to go through so many steps to check and change join numbers for subpages?

Then, when your finally done, you bring it into SIMPL and does it only show legal join numbers? No, of course not. That would be far too useful. It shows you every possible number under the sun. So you have to scroll through a giant list of numbers to connect to the correct one. Do they at least let you name them in E-Vision? Of course not!

Then you move on to SIMPL+. I am writing for a CNMSX-PRO. According to the help file, I should be able to use #DIGITAL_OUTPUT_JOIN etc. But no, you get simple a message saying Errors Found. No notice of what the errors are (Yes, I am running in GenX mode).

So now everytime I change inputs & outputs I have to rewire my module. Jeeze Thanks.

Does Crestron realize what a pain their system is?

Hosting Services by ipHouse