The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday July 28, 2002 at 12:28
Ian Schatz
Long Time Member
July 2002
Edmund...the Mits units may very well be made by Sharp. This is not neccesarily a bad thing. The self diagnostic error codes can be used when you call mitsu tech support... they will tell you which combination of buttons to press to reset your vcr. Most of the error codes relate to a user resettable "fuse" that protects the motors & power supply from trying to pull a cheap 8 hour tape (too much friction in the cassette, too hard to pull).

Matt...Yes I have several more IR "psudo-descrete back door macros", I'll try to compile a list of them and post them here. For now here are a few more nuggets...

JVC D-series & Flat TVs / Most Sony TVs / Some Toshiba TVs: Anchor your toggle input cycle with the "Channel UP" command; this will always get the TV to go to its antenna input...from there you can use small macros to "toggle" your way around to the input you really want.

Mitsubishi DVD players: "Play" command reliably turns 'em on, "Play, Power" reliably turns 'em off.

I'll post more when I get a chance to refresh my memory. It will be good for me and all of you to actually put them down on paper.

Hosting Services by ipHouse