Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday September 6, 2002 at 19:54
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
2 cent time:

If simply wiring the components together with the usual interconnects is throwing you, or you're not sure which of several ways to hook them together, try drawing the hookups first. I did this to decide how to interconnect my laser disc player, which has both RF (AC-3) and DTS outputs. I had to use an Audio Authority auto switcher.

Start with the receiver in the middle, the sources to the left (or above) and the destinations to the right (or below). Use single lines to keep it simple, and just label the lines with L & R, Video, etc. The receiver should be able to do all of the switching. That's what it's made to do.

However, if it doesn't switch component, and that's important to you, then you'll have to locate a component switcher, either automatic or manual, and switch audio to keep in synch. Otherwise, settle for S-video or composite, and use the receiver.

The only other possibility is to hire an installer, or at least find a friend who is more familiar with hooking gear together. It's well worth it in the long run.

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse