The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Wednesday September 25, 2002 at 07:24
Shoe
Founding Member
August 2001
Sorry, I'll have to disagree. As far as I can tell there are very few customers on this site. It is customers(real) and professionals I treat in a professional manner. Carl, still no reason to change my mind. The thread is not aimed at you, but you seem to paint yourself the victim. If I think you're "inaccurate" so what? Take inaccurate or disengenuous personally if you like but if I have to live with you here I guess you'll have to live with me. If the supply house doesn't see you as the wannabee you are that doesn't make you a professional. What is a professional manner? On TV, you have professional wrestlers who have somehow become professional athletes though the contest is scripted and the competition is false. I think you'll find professional defined in the Meriam Webster dictionary as Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al
Pronunciation: pr&-'fesh-n&l, -'fe-sh&-n&l
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1748
1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace
2 a : participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs b : having a particular profession as a permanent career c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return
You see, there are amateurs and professionals. I don't believe this is the workplace QQQ. I am simply someone who has taken his hobby, gone through a career change, much training and study and treats paying customers and even you in a civil manner though not necessarally pleasant. I'm arrogant at times though rarely presumptuous. QQQ, it is noble of you to defend CarlSr but disagreeing is not being arrogant. If you wish to enter into discourse I will just say that 1- Some internet dictionary is not the final word. I try to use established references. 2-My vocabulary has softened a bit since I received my degree in English lit a few more years ago than I care to admit and 3- If you don't like it lump it
I started a thread aimed at professionals and if you have a problem with that see the above. This has become pretty comical. It is quite entertaining pushing your buttons. Let's see how far we can take this. LOL

Hosting Services by ipHouse