The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday October 5, 2002 at 16:37
aquageo
Lurking Member
October 2002
My mit does not have a power restore function...(I wish) I think the max 2000 has issues, I have talked with the engineer Jerry Hoops who designed this unit, and he said he had compatibility problems with diff manufacturers Ir commands."He said that manufacturers would modulate their IR signals at diff frequencies " I used this same equipment for 3 years with no problems, but I only had the one command programmed into the 2000 "the power command for my old Mit projection TV" Now that I have upgraded to a new projection TV I am seeing problems. I tried to program commands from a panasonic vcr, adcom preamp, echostar dss receiver, Mit projection TV, and a velodyne sub.I could only get the velodyne sub commands to program into the max 2000. I paid $900.00 for the max 3 years ago now panamax is no longer manufacturing this unit and they don't have a comparable unit, although they are selling refurbished units...And I have seen the 2000 going for as little as $250.00 brand new at other sites.I thought that more installers would have had good or bad experiences with this unit...Thax for your response......Any other help would be greatly appreciated..............George

Hosting Services by ipHouse