The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 6, 2002 at 03:01
Dan J.
Long Time Member
June 2002
Brent, the 3803 will not do 3/2 pulldown because it does not do any up-conversion. The 3803 also does not pass through a 480p signal verry well (it sucks!). This feature was intended for switching simplification only. The 5803 has much cleaner component signal specs. The 5803 does a nice job passing through 480p with little artifacts. 3/2 pulldown is only an issue when scaling 480i to 480p through an external de-interlacer (DVDO) while using component video. The 3803 just introduces way to many artifacts (trailing edges, ect.) and I cannot speak for the 1803, but I would expect the same.

What does this meen to you?

If you want to do any scaling or de-interlacing you shouldn't be using an integrated processor's component switching. You should run the component video straight from the source to your scaling device. If you have a projection system or plasma system that comes with a controller, you will not need a progressive scan DVD player because the controller will up-convert an input signal to the display device's native resolution (480i to 1080p). This is where 3/2 pulldown comes into play.

Dan Johnson
DJ's Custom A/V
321 Spode Way
San Jose, CA 95123
Office # (408) 229-2224
Cell # (408) 497-7873

Hosting Services by ipHouse