The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Wednesday October 16, 2002 at 17:42
bob griffiths
Founding Member
May 2002
In the UK you Cant price Fix its illegal we dont even have a recomended price for main stream hifi and TV any more so you dont have a guide to work down from because the recommend price was seen as price fixing so now some retailers put the price stupidly high for the required legal time and then show a massive saving when they drop the price, again watch dogs not serving the customers needs at least when we had a RRP you always knew that you could work from that down and

Dave i think you would be a good customer honest and straight forward some customers demand you explain everything thats required to satisfy there brief and after several free appointments you never here from them until some thing goes wrong with the system they bought from the net and installed by a mate .Do i charge a fortune to sort it out? No i cant i'm not that type of guy i also see the big picture and rely on recommendations to give me more business what i do object to is that they often dont give you a chance to compete with the on the net deal.we all want a deal thats not the point, my point is dont just shop on price that just a small part of solving a customers needs

Thon if the customer buys the equipment from me the install will be cheaper the profit on the goods allows it.but your way makes more sense the overall cost is the same but shows greater percieved value as i have no problems justifying my installation costs ,this works as long as you do not just sell the equipment of course i like that suggestion, i like it a lot!

Hosting Services by ipHouse