The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday October 16, 2002 at 00:16
marcmc
Founding Member
November 2001
The disappointment of poor quality and service is remembered long after the cheapest price is forgotten.

A few of my buddies tell me that I am nuts to pay the prices I pay for my equipment and services (installation, programming, etc.) They say that there isn't any difference. But go listen to their systems and look at their RPTV's and you can tell that there is certainly a difference. Most people don't even know that an RPTV has to be properly converged. My dealer took more than an hour just setting up the TV!I am in the lighting business and I am damn good at it. But when it comes to custom installation of high end components, I have no training or credentials. And I figure that if I am going to spend the money for Madrigal gear, Revel speakers and an Elite RPTV, why the hell not pay someone to install it right, using high quality cables and wires? I'm not talking about sitting a new DVD player in the closet and plugging in the existing cables, I'm talking about setting up the entire system properly.

I buy all of my gear from one dealer, and that dealer has done all of the wiring and installation in my current home and previous home. If something goes wrong I can call them out to fix it. That peace of mind is worth plenty.

Hosting Services by ipHouse