The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Tuesday October 15, 2002 at 14:37
Jose Blanco
Founding Member
July 2001
I wanted to make note to the person that said they install internet stuff for $150/hr. Was it worth it? We've bumbed heads here for a while on this subject. I even made a sudo (sp?) contract that stated how far our company would go for service in the future. It basically said that we'd install the item for Bagillion $/Hr which had a 2 hr minimum and if the installer had to teach the "wipe" how to use it, the rate was higher because that required more brain power...It also stated that in no way were we responsible for any service on that product, etc, etc, etc. That's where we find a problem with installing INet stuff. You bend over backwards (and take it up the ace...keep reading) to schedule an installer, do the work CORRECTLY, then in a short period of time get tons of calls "I don't know how to work it, It doesn't work the way it supposed to (the way the internet described...Dumbasses!!!sorry.) You hooked it up wrong, blah blah, blah!!!!!!!!" Thats when you are stuck with them FOR LIFE! We have made the decision to not only stand above the internet, but also rid ourselves with that can o worms to not do Inet sale.

Here's my last question to my fellow pros: How do you handle this situation? Do you be rude? How can you put it in a way that this possibly future customer will eventually learn the hard way, but buy from you next time? Will this person EVER learn their lesson?

Hosting Services by ipHouse