The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Tuesday October 15, 2002 at 00:51
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
Customers who refuse to pay for work that needs to be done, are asses, I totally agree. I wasn't aware of the difficulty I would have in getting the system installed until after it was ready to bring in the equipment. I couldn't buy it myself, I had to go through an installer. Plus I know nothing of Panasonic phones... I was very willing to pay my installer whatever he wanted to do what I needed done. If I had to go through the whole thing again, I would have had him pull all the wires for the phones. My work was meticulous and he was pretty impressed and was pretty sure there'd be no problems, I told him I'd pay him for time and materials to verify that the lines were good and we agreed that any problems with the system originating with the wiring wouldn't be covered under warranty. Small price to pay to have a nice phone system (Panasonic 624), warranteed by him, installed by a professional, and without having to re-run perfectly good wires. The phone wires were ALSO run in accordance with CAT5 standards, so they're better than they need to be. I enjoy doing as much as I can myself. I'm not a tight-ass, I'll pay whatever I have to, but I do like to save as much as I can. I enjoy unpacking that new piece of equipment. I'm like a little kid when UPS comes and brings me more toys. I like setting it up, hooking it up, running wires, soldering connectors, perfecting everything, and enjoying the final result. I don't want to miss out on what I enjoy. But I'm also not the type of person to go tell a professional what's up, without knowing any better myself.

Hosting Services by ipHouse