Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday October 14, 2002 at 19:00
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
| One other thing...

There are NO protected lines....

You can buy EVERYTHING on the internet!

Not true, I sell several lines that are not for sale on the internet and the manufactureres have a staff of people who search the internet for current models being sold on the internet. IF the manufacturers find the gear for sale they buy it, trace the serial numbers to the dealer who originally bought it, investigate the matter and in most situations PULL the line from that dealer. The only product that these manufacturers do sell as current models on the internet are B-STOCK at a higher price than new A-stock. I know that lots of stuff is available on E-bay but it isnt usually sold from a dealer right out of current stock.

As for internet sales, in general, you may save money but at what cost to your local dealer. If you have ever gone and 'kicked tires' at your local non-chain a/v store and had a good time, then support them by making your purchases there. If the consumers keep buying online or haggling with the local guy about prices being better online they will find that the only place to purchase gear will be online and all the knowledge of the professionals will be lost as we wont be around to install what you cant, service what you didnt buy from us, and tell you what upgrades you need to make because we wont have a job. Period.

Peace
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse