The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday January 3, 2003 at 00:23
tsvisser
Founding Member
March 2002
I think every speaker has qualities that make it stand out. In my experience...

1) Good speaker for very large rooms or rooms that lean towards the dry side (fabric walls, carpeting, wall hangings, lots of furniture.) Wet rooms tend to reinforce secondary audio waves from traditional speakers, widen the image, make the image less precise and can cause serious phasing problems with di/bi-poles. Dry rooms tend to be easier to control, but overdone, just sound really bad for music. Bi/di-poles can often help correct this problem.

2) Need less power to get same SPL.

3) Difficult to integrate visually into modern or high end NYC decor. Just not a very apartment friendly speaker. No wood veneer finishes, too monolithic looking, but look great in other instances.

4) Relatively cheap for the bing bang high dynamic theater, but maybe other speakers are better at reproducing acoustic instruments, especially at lower or normal volumes.

5) Great company, great support.

-Tom Visser

btw... I do really love Monitor Audio. Someone wants a high end dual purpose (film and music) theater, I would strongly consider Monitor. Someone wants to have a high powered, mainly film, theater then go with DefTech.
[Link: imdb.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse