The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday January 10, 2003 at 20:54
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Impaqt's answer is the best of the bunch. Except that then he has to listen to whatever he is recording at the moment.

I vote for just taking the Zone 2 out to a distribution amp (now that we know that more than one recorder is involved).

And conceptually, there is a problem with routing the Zone2 output to the VCR2 input on the receiver to accomplish remote selection of the source. I thought my answer was clear on this, but here is more.

You can. But whatever is plugged into the VCR2 input will NOT come out the VCR2 record output. Think about it -- how could you use this? You would normally use the VCR2 input for playback of VCR2. If that signal came out the VCR2 record output, then you could record whatever is coming out of VCR2, which, if you are in the record mode, is...nothing, or usually video feedback, since you have made a loop. So the receiver is made so that the VCR2 input CANNOT be selected to come out of the VCR 2 Record Output to his recorders. It might look like you have selected it, but there will be no signal there.

A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse