The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday January 9, 2003 at 00:44
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Huh? I figured out the following answer, then I realized that I have no clue what you mean by "allow remote control of the recording source." Could I perhaps correctly rephrase that as "allow me to remotely choose which source I record" ? ?

Let me start at the recorder. You propose to feed the recorder with a signal from VCR2 Record out. The VCR2 Record Out jacks will output a signal from every source connected to the receiver EXCEPT the signal connected to VCR2 IN, so this is the ONE thing that cannot possibly work.

Why not just connect the Zone 2 output to the VCR input? Forget the middleman, so to speak. If you are considering connecting the Zone 2 output to something to make this work, then you have no problem with the fact that the volume on this source can be adjusted. Just connect it this way, then make some test recordings with the volume up most of the way. If there is NO distortion in the audio, you are set.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse