Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday August 26, 2002 at 17:00
Doco
Founding Member
March 2002
Twix,

Again thanks for your help on this subject. I will look in the the Vantage system. I am not married to the Radio RA, but again the ease of purchasing the product is one driving point. As you can see from most the threads, no one agrees with this route.

On the dealer problem, I understand the commitment that they have to uphold the Crestron name and product line. To relate this to an insurance related matter - You can go to an agent's office and he can tailor an insurance program specific to your needs (Dealer, who has to stand behind their product and company). You also can go to a 1-800 company and pay less of a premium for coverages that may or may not meet your needs. (Wholesaler - still has to contend with company at lower commision due to volume).

Both have the same commitment to the product they sell, one just makes more money off the sale. I know of many people that buy from 1-800 numbers and are happy with what they have. I am just trying to get reasonable prices on the products to find out if they meet the budget that I have set aside for this project. If I told somebody that I would not give them a price on insurance coverage unless they commited to buy it from me - I would have to find someplace else to get the "dough".

Thanks again for all your input on this subject - Based on popular demand, I will probably have to re-think the lighting. I will also check the yahoo/programmers group to find out if someone else there can help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse