Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday August 26, 2002 at 15:40
Doco
Founding Member
March 2002
Twix,

The lighting portion of the automation is not my biggest concern at this point. I don't want to dump $15K into a lighting control system, when I can do the rooms and controls I want for around $6K using Radio RA. The home is 6500 sq ft and I am only planning on starting off in doing the theater room, office, kitchen, and master bedroom. The home sits on 3.5 acres and I will be adding exteroir lighting later on down the road to the system. That again is my primary reason for choosing Radio RA. That and I can get it locally in town without having to go through a dealer.

In my last house, I had the setup that you recommended I go with on this one. Yeah sure it worked fine (I still love my Pronto), but I want to move onto bigger and better things. I have also conteplated going with multi-room audio that works only with lcd keypads and ir, but if I want the Crestron system, why not integrate it into it as well.

I have the "dough" to afford the system I want and feel that it will meet all my needs for now and in the near future. I just can't find a Crestron dealer that will work with me. I still have not made a solid decision on a couple of the integration products I am planning on using, but I have set aside $18 - 20K for just these items. ($6K - Radio RA, $5K - multi-room audio, $1K - alarm $1.5K - Aqualink, $1K - HVAC, $??K - Crestron).

Why forget the Crestron audio solutions? I was thinking of their 8PAK.

Hosting Services by ipHouse