The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday August 26, 2002 at 14:24
Doco
Founding Member
March 2002
Thanks for all the input - I would like to respond to a couple of things though.

tsvisser - I don't know if the dealer would go for a signed contract. I can try that approach, but I think that he really only wants the business. I have purchased many of my current products through this dealer, but my brother in-law is newer competition to him. The only thing I am looking from a dealer is the warranty support. I am also leary of e-bay products and do not wish to take that route.

twix - The reason for Radio RA is the easy in future expansion. I have limited funds at this time to dump into the lighting control and only plan to do a couple of rooms at first. With Radio RA, I can add switches and dimmers as needed without special wiring. Other major lighting control options require special wiring in advance. My answer to the 2nd question is yes - sort of. The Enerzone panel and Aqulink RS8 are being provided by the HVAC & Pool contractors at my request. I have decided to go with the Apex Destiny security panel through my brother in-law. The Russound panel was choosen because I cannot get pricing on the Crestron multi-room audio equipment.

QQQ - I have seen the retail prices - but who pays MSRP anymore? I don't want to seem arogant on this because beggers can't be choosey, but there has to be someone out there that can work with me at a resonable price on the products.

ItsColdInMn - I am an insurance agent in Florida and do you know what type of accidents happen on motocycles?

tsvisser - Computers don't scare me - but why go through all of that with a product like Crestron's on the market. Wife and kids have to stay, no bike to sell and if wife learns about how much money has already been put into the system, she might sell me!

fbarrett- thanks again for your time on the phone this morning and I will set up a time to come down within the next month.

twix - I agree 100% - X10 is out of the question. I would rather have a Crestron system that didn't work at its full potential than deal with X10 headaches.

I again don't want to seem arrogant or come off as all knowing on this subject, but there has to be some possible solution to this matter. I can't ditch the brother in-law (family counts somewhere), and I really want the Crestron products. Help if you can (PLEASE!)

Hosting Services by ipHouse