Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday October 26, 2002 at 10:07
avdude
Founding Member
February 2002
Ahl,

How long ago was "once?"

You should definitely give another looksee at Toshiba Cinema Series.

I should clarify my position on this issue, so as not to muddy the water. I do not work for Toshiba, but we are a die-hard Toshiba Cinema dealer and remain very faithful to the product, as they have been very good to us. The "little" things they do are great, like no cinemas to the big guys, only custom, extra video tweaks, and discreets!

As I previously stated, and I guess I should clarify, these are not "discreet" codes in the true sense of the word, but with any universal remote capable of executing macros (95+%), they ARE a discreet code.

Here's how it would work on the last 2 model years worth of Cinema Series anyway....

You or the customer would (will) sit down in front of your TV. Press the input button on the TV remote, and a list of the inputs comes up labeled 1-? depending on the number of inputs your TV has. Each input has a number beside it. You can re-name the inputs with the advanced features of the set, but you CANNOT change the number of the input! Why? Because this is how Toshiba is able to offer both the "Input Scroll" and "Direct (semi-discreet) Input Selection" methods.

You can either scroll numerically through each input OR you can press the number of the input you want.

Now, to program any universal remote to do this, you tell it to hit input, then insert a quick delay, then hit a number on the number pad!

That's it. So it's actually a semi-discreet code set, to allow for functionality.

Oh, by the way, both Toshiba and Hitachi are now making their highest end 60+ inch sets in TWO pieces so they're easier to handle. YEAH!!!

I have been (forced at times) to every training available on these televisions, so that's why I'm so full of useless info....

It's good to put it here as maybe it will clear my head.

Ahl, try a Toshiba now, I know you'll like it. Margins are better too!

I know most of these features are new to the last two model years, so you may have had a slightly older set.
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse