Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday November 28, 2003 at 00:21
RTI Installer
March 2002
Oh and if Mr. Davidcasemore had read my first post he would have noticed that I said to “break off the plastic shell” of the emitter. This is really simple to do, If you look close at the emitter you will see that the red part is attached to a clear part on the bottom, use a pair of dikes to gently separate these two sections. The emitter bulb inside is very small and easily fits behind the Graphic Eye faceplate. I have never had a faceplate or graphic eye break I am also confused as to your comments about using an IR blaster and breaking the faceplate? An Ir blaster is a box that is roughly 1”X4.5”X3” how could this in anyway be interfaced with a graphic eye other than sitting on a shelf across the room going blink, blink?

Further, I agree with you that there is a lot of bootleg electricians out there doing bad things, however, regarding the emitter wire in the box. You don’t leave an acre of wire in the box, you splice at the leading edge of the metal face. Your emitter wire should only be a few inches long. For every one who is afraid of this, there is a way to avoid this all-together and that is to bring the wire out of the wall and into the faceplate from around the outside edge of the electrical box. The faceplate allows plenty of room for the wire to be routed this way. This is great if it is a retrofit, but the Inspectors don’t like this in new construction as you have a wire just hanging around the outside of an AC Switch Box for no apparent reason and the dry wallers always manage not to pull your wire out before they tape and mud.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse