The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 84 made on Saturday November 29, 2003 at 17:44
Shoe
Founding Member
August 2001
Bob, I don't know what wind up merchant means, I'm sure it wasn't a compliment. I find some people in this business have taken the stance that the merchant is always right. I disagree. I worked for a large custom retailer that sold Bose. As much as I dislike their product, it was my job to survey the job site and implement the installation. The people who had auditioned and chose Bose were happy and if they were happy, I was happy. I serve the customer. If on the otherhand I am in a position to give a recommendation, then I can qualify my customer and serve them best by showing them what I think will fit their needs and budget best. Some people really like Bose no matter what you show them. I don't sell Bose for the same reason I don't sell Monster; I don't believe in the product. But, I am in business to make money and depending on your target customer, different products become viable. So let me repeat myself, some people really like Bose, so as long as they don't depend on me to push the product, what is wrong with serving the customers wants and needs by saying, "you would like a Bose today sir, here it is. Will that be cash or charge?" Why should I let the business and a potential happy customer walk out the door? How often do you turn business away? I haven't taken on the line yet and probably never will but I'm not clear on why as a retailer I shouldn't offer a popular system that is probably the biggest seller on the face of the earth. OK let it come.

This message was edited by Shoe on 11/29/03 18:27.

Hosting Services by ipHouse