Original thread:
Post 77 made on Saturday November 29, 2003 at 11:32
EngineerFriend
Long Time Member
November 2003
but there are plenty of scientists and researchers
in the industry that have proven you wrong if
you insist that cat5 is sufficient as speaker
wire. I don't even believe you believe it.

More than happy to be proven wrong Shoe, the problem is you have failed to do that. You don't site any ACTUAL scientists or researches. You just throw out foggy notions pulled from the deep recesses of your bowels because apparently you can HEAR things that can't be MEASURED. Your assertion that better cable = better sound is also laughable. If cable A is engineered and sweep tested to 1GHz and cable B is good to 3GHz is cable B "BETTER"? Empirically, yes. Does it cost more? Almost certainly. Does it carry 15KHz audio any better? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Also, I don't LISTEN to music through my spectrum analyzer (whatever that means) as you suggest. But I do use my spectrum analyzer and other instruments to compare system performance, because these instruments are OB-JECTIVE whereas human hearing is very SUB-JECTIVE and not a reliable indicator of performance. If you are actually "in the business" I think you are doing your customers a great disservice by giving them false information. You can make even more money by selling snake oil on the side.

This message was edited by EngineerFriend on 11/29/03 12:02.

Hosting Services by ipHouse