The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 75 made on Friday November 28, 2003 at 09:09
EngineerFriend
Long Time Member
November 2003
I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. You guys continue to misquote me. Staticband: your analogy about the 2 lane vs 4 lane highway is a common mistake that many people make. The correct analogy would be a 10 lane highway vs a 100 lane highway. ie cat5 can carry a lot more current than you think. Do you even know what cat5 can carry and what the limiting factors are? hmmmm. I'm sick of people claiming to understand physics by quoting lame analogies about highways and water pipes AC electricity is different. BTW I don't use cat5 to run audio, I use higher gauge wire to be on the safe side. And once again Shoe: spend your money on whatever sounds good to your golden ears. I'm just saying there is very little measurable difference between systems. I'm not advocating Bose however. There are definitely measurable differences there. They do it on purpose, because marketing people know that if Joe Consumer actually hears a difference he will assume it is an improvement. You are 100% correct about room acoustics. This is where I would spend my money to improve sound.

Hosting Services by ipHouse