The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Tuesday November 25, 2003 at 07:19
bob griffiths
Founding Member
May 2002
On 11/24/03 10:00, EngineerFriend said...

. I believe
the best equipment should alter the original recording
as little as possible.

I agree with the above statement years ago when i was in retail .Nigel kennedy a famous violin player was quite popular with his version of four seasons .
now i demonstated this disc many times to many customers and a lot said those violins sound shrill .Violins in the real world sound shrill ! Those customers didnt go and listen to what Real live music sounded like and had no point of reference.
most music they heard was on crappy radios or supermarket background sound these people wanted an easy listening sound.
some customers would bring in a rock CD and say that rock music was a bit fatiguing on a certain set up .I would ask them had they heard there rock band live they would always say no.Symbols played loud and for a long time ISNT that pleasant.
I have used cables to tailor a sound to a customers taste.Often in my opinion making the sound worse but to the customers taste .
I used to have customers who owned Bose speakers and they had become so used to the way they sound that they "didnt like how forcefull the vocals sounded" they often took offense when i said thats called midrange sir.
I dont deny cables make a difference but its the "better" promises and by how much they "improve" the sound per pound that bothers me.
surely its how little they degrade the sound there can only be so much performance from the equipment in the first place.
you would not get that in the advertising "our cable doesnt degrade the sound as much as brand x cable"

Hosting Services by ipHouse