The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Friday November 21, 2003 at 13:38
Shoe
Founding Member
August 2001
When I see the directional arrows on bulk speaker cable I don't get it either. I don't buy into everything that's sold and say all high end cable is better, just that some is. You find out which ones work better in your system by substituting one for another until you get the best results. The cables in a high end system are just as much a component as the electronics. How many scientific discoveries were made by observation of a phenomena and then investigating the cause? Also, double blind testing is not an absolute gauge for comparison testing and experience and observation can be just as valid. According to the engineers, the throw away cables, as long as the connections are good, should sound or look as good as any other cable. Are any of you out there using those cable in your systems? When it comes to multiroom I'm not critical at all. I just use a quality cable unless there are better amps and speakers involved that can benefit from really good stuff. avdude, your right. Your engineer friend will, however, have more money left over and should be buying you beers if you have to listen to his science lesson.

This message was edited by Shoe on 11/21/03 13:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse