Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Monday November 17, 2003 at 00:20
AVXpressions
September 2002
I have a question for you guys. Maybe I missed it somewhere in another discussion but why does AVAD think they can do a better job marketing to the builders than we can. I realize they'll have a lot to contribute to marketing and advertising (especially after they get all those buy in fees) but I don't see how they can possibly do much better in closing deals than we can. Personally our company does many of the "Premier Builders" homes in our area. I've had the builders say and I quote " This structured wiring is something we should do for our customers but we aren't going to pay for it." We've done everything imaginable to get the builders in our area to bite on technology but they simply refuse to. So we go around them and directly to their clients.

The funny thing about that is we have even offered them incentives and they turn us down. Of course they always want to know where their incentives are when they see us working in their homes anyways. Too Bad.

Then there are the production home builders. These guys call us at least twice a year. We go in with our manufacturers reps and in some instances even bring in the trainers. After it's all said and done they say no it's still to expensive and our customers would never pay for that. But never fear in 6 months we'll go through the same thing again.

Well that's my gripe with the D2B program. At least for our area. If I can't or even my competitor can't (and I know they try) to sell the builders on technology what could AVAD possibly have up their sleeve to get the job done?

Hosting Services by ipHouse