Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Saturday November 15, 2003 at 01:34
RTI Installer
March 2002
I talked to my Avid rep today and he assured me that the whole program was designed to save us from the whole conglomerate plague that is approaching. This is all fine and well, on the surface I can even see paying dues to cover the cost of this program as justifiable. What sets wrong with this, in my opinion, is the “Avid needs to train us” part of this story before we can belong to their builder club. If you are like me, you probably know more about how to install most of these products than the rep does. Should not the prerequisite be to take an admission exam, if you pass, go about your business kind of thing? Now you might ask why should we have to take a test? Because there are a lot of wanabees out there giving our business a bad name, so if these folks fail the test, off to school they go. Further I feel that $2500.00 is a pretty steep buy in, $250.00 a year dues would be a more sensible approach, for what they have to offer. In all honestly, all of this makes me real nervous, like in Absolute power corrupting, and beware of Greeks bearing gifts and what was that other one, oh, the story of the Judas goat.

I think there has to be another way, a way where we are in control of this ship?
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse