The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Friday November 14, 2003 at 07:59
CarlWilson
Lurking Member
November 2003
It bothers me to see CEDIA members bash people before they know the facts. Doesn't CEDIA have a code of ethics??
I find it very interesting that you people are threatened by this move from AVAD. I sat through the D2B story and it makes sense!!!
1.9 MILLION new homes and only 10% will get technology put into them!! I would now like to say that none of us (dealers-installers) have done a good job of promoting what we do and who we are.....shame on us!!

The market is changing!
What did the Leatherman who specialized in saddles and whips do when he saw the first automobile??? Did he deny people would stop riding horses?? People still ride horses today!! Did he start to make leather seatcovers or does he just make 5 ( instead of 300) saddles a year since he didn't want to change with the market?

This is how I see this program

#1 I get out of bed everyday to make money!
#2 I like what I do and I like gear
#3 I would like to make MORE MONEY
#4 Until you loose a BUILDER to Compusa or Best Buy you won't understand.( Compusa stole one of mine)
#5 Half the guys in our Biz don't know what they are doing and give me a bad name.( how many of your competitors jobs have you fixed over the years?)
#6 I would like to make MORE MONEY
#7 I have worked for myself for years and I will work my fingers to the BONE before I Wear a RED COMPUSA OR BLUE BEST BUY SHIRT!!
#8 If AVAD wants to put together a National program to combat Best Buy and Compusa, Than I give them a STANDING OVATION!!!!
#9 Who else is willing to spend MONEY and design a program to COMBAT BEST BUY AND COMP
#10 If you think your BUILDERS won't take free gear from BB & CUSA and sign a contract with them you are all NUTS!!!
#11 Do you know the Best Buy program will be THEY SELL TO THE BUILDER AND YOU GET PAID TO DO THE INSTALL. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER TO ME!!!!!! I wanna make money one Gear not labor
#12 The AVAD program is promoting our biz to builders
It allows us to sell the gear and make the money
The systems will be COOKIE CUTTER so your installers become more efficent an you MAKE MORE MONEY!!!
So if AVAD is going to spend money on this and help grow your business they SHOULD GET TO SELL YOU THE GEAR!
#13 MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK YOU OTHER DISTRIBUTORS WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
ANSWER.....NOTHING!!
I DID LOOSE A JOB LAST MONTH AFTER MY CLIENT WALKED INTO A?I AND BOUGHT A RUSSOUND SYSTEM ON HIS CREDIT CARD AT DEALER COST AND ASKED ME TO INSTALL IT!!!
I TOLD HIM NO!! SO A?I FOUND A ALARM GUY WHO DID IT FOR HIM FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS!!!
THATS THE THANKS I GET FROM THAT DISTRIBUTOR
#14 Before I go to CEDIA next year I plan on stopping at BEST BUY to by a movie to watch on the plane....I'll wave to you guys when I'm there...OH I won't rip on your Blue Shirt.

Before you CRY WOLF you may want to open the gate and walk into the pasture and stand on the grass you are calling BROWN. It feels good on my feet!

P.S. I DO NOT WORK FOR AVAD!!!
I AM A BUSINESSMAN WHO HAPPENS TO BE IN THE AUDIO/VIDEO BIZ! ( NOT THE NORM IN THESE PARTS)

Hosting Services by ipHouse