The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday November 12, 2003 at 19:26
Obiwan-Kanewbi
Long Time Member
September 2003
I have been in& out of this business for 10 years in one form or another. I buy some from AVAD, but to be honest they are more expensive than EVERY OTHER source for the same gear? Wire supplies has my wire needs, along with Liberty. It is great to have them for some of the filler or last minute product but thats about it. In the commercial communications industry this would never happen, would it? Would ANIXTER do that to there client base?

My take on this is just stop buying from them if you dont agree with the politics involved,they are just trying to make more money themselves, cant fault em for that.

AVAD approaching builders is nothing more than trying to get the builder/contractor to be his own AV company in his own projects. After all he is the one paying for it most of the time anyway, this will just cut us out and expose the products and technology directly to the final decision maker.

Who knows, maybe someday AVAD/Allnet will have installers themselves to work with "Builder Partners" to plan and install everything they need!

Hosting Services by ipHouse