The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Thursday November 6, 2003 at 11:06
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
Thanks for the replies. As I stated above, I am not trying to bash CEDIA. I just feel that CEDIA could take a more active (read: press releases) role in PROTECTING this industry, not recruiting electricians to compete with us for every job. I have a great love of this industry and dont wish to be replaced by some other trade that isnt as qualified. A certification is just that, it doesnt mean that you have any real experience. For example, a few years back I was doing electrical work so that I could gain a greater understanding of how home wiring actually worked. I did this for several years and actually am a journeyman. I was working on a project that was of some size for a church. I did most of the work for cost and minimum labor rates in my spare time to help out this church. I had a lot of conduit to pipe in and decided to hire a temp worker through a reputible staffing agency. I requested an apprentice electrician with some commercial background. What I got was indeed an apprentice electrician(at a rate of $15/hr.) that didnt have any hand tools, a working knowledge of basic principles of electricity, or any idea of how to bend pipe. When I called to complain to the temp agency they had me ask the guy to show me his apprentice card. When he did produce this card, I was informed that I got what i paid for- a CERTIFIED
apprentice electrician. Does that make any sense?
I am sorry for asking but I was in a car accident this morning and am not feeling well. I hope I actually got my original point across.

"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse