The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday November 5, 2003 at 15:16
FRR
Advanced Member
June 2003
Just an oservation, as we don't have AVAD in the great white north, but it appears to me that CEDIA is a willing participant in this game are they not? Otherwise, what's the x number of certified installers requirement thing all about? Sounds like they see this as a revenue opportunity just as AVAD. Some creative co-marketing stuff going on.

I can see CEDIA's angle where they're trying to help differentiate the CEDIA shops/installers from the non-CEDIA installers (electricans, security installers ...etc.). I think CEDIA's money grab has some value as it does create a higher skill set in the industry (or at least that should be the objective). CEDIA also makes more money if some of these trained installers start their own companies. It's a self perpetuating money machine once you get enough momentum.

The AVAD money grab is just that a money grab. I can't see how their marketing efforts should cost that much per dealer. Sounds like a well padded business case to me. You figure that AVAD supported dealers are going to stay with AVAD and that is how they would make most of their money and cover their costs.

Cheers
Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

Hosting Services by ipHouse