The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday February 22, 2004 at 12:15
JBJ SYSTEMS
Advanced Member
January 2004
I think if you get a client who is a shopper and he affords you the opportunity to review the competitor's bids there should be no way that you loose that job! Bids that severely undercut others are always flawed. This is your opportunity to pick it apart and show why your "upfront" pricing with no hidden costs is the way to go. Also, brag a little about your fantastic customer service, your warrantee, your level of workmanship, number of years in business, give references, have a good website that is a living resume. Explain the benefits that your customer will be able to enjoy by using the equipment you have chosen. Be upfront about your labor charges...be firm. Include cushion, "gravy" that can be skimmed off the top to win the client over to make them feel they have gotten the best deal. Some people just love to bargain and will not accept your first price no matter how competitive it is...and why should they. I would never accept the first offer at a car dealership!

When you write a proposal...write it like a novel...don't just have a sheet of paper with model numbers on it and talk about esoteric qualities of the equipment. Most clients don’t' care about that stuff. They want to know what it will do for them and how they will have to operate it.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is be honest and don't kiss ass, nobody respects an ass kisser!
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic!

Hosting Services by ipHouse