The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday February 25, 2004 at 10:20
wolf359
Long Time Member
February 2004
Getting back to the remote rather than control system avgenius1 had some very valid points. I am echoing what many have said but here is my list
1. Build Quality. It has to be built well it has to be strong enough to last a few knocks. The battery cover should fit properly and not squeak when you pick it up like some Marantz models.
2. I.R power has to be really powerful and of wide frequency range (B&O etc), the multiple emitters are a great idea and of real world benefit.
3. Battery life even though it should be rechargeable should be a very long time.
4. The labeling of buttons is also something that should be addressed not just some weird symbols
5. The remote should be able to accept multiple file formats CCF, PCF etc it should accept Gifs bmp and jpegs and as many picture formats as it can.
6. It would be nice if it recognized one for all codes too (this would mean a massive built in data base of codes)
7. It would be nice if the software had multiple fonts and font sizes as standard
8. It would be nice if it had a RF to a IR distribution device with addressable emitters
9. Built in X10/and other RF interfaces would be nice
10. A memory card expansion slot might be a good idea to download existing configurations on to or to upload on to the remote or just so you can have massive configuration.
11. Make sure it’s properly tested before it hits the market.
12. Make the software has a familiar look.
13. Make sure download times are quick easy and bug free
14. allow someone from the company who makes it and knows what they are talking about to openly give advice and information and support on a remote control site
15. Have an on going training programme for custom installers.
16. I would want two versions a B&W and Color model both with quality screens but apart from that identical
17. I would like it to remember what it last sent out like apparently the new MX3000 will do so even if it is a toad device you can get good functionality
18. It should be able to learn difficult codes easily maybe have two learning modes long press learn for volume etc and short press learn for numbers keys etc
19. Make it work IrDa cable boxes.

I have just reviewed my wish list I don’t want much do I?
I am more likely to get the moon on a stick!!

This message was edited by wolf359 on 02/25/04 11:12.

Hosting Services by ipHouse