The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday February 24, 2004 at 14:51
MitchellEnt
Long Time Member
February 2004
I think the new NG's are great and the software is easy to use, but whats up with the iPronto?!!

When I first saw this thing, it looked fantastic, I'm a whole home integrator, so a remote that you can incorporate into a 802.11 system is perfect.

However, this remote has been nothing but problems. Since Philips decided to use its own browser, we're always having problems. Most customers can't check email, or go on other websites. Furthermore, the break down constantly. Don't have much time to elaborate, but that thing stinks.

JBJ, if your looking for a reason to switch them, its RS232. More and more devices are being controlled with serial, and IR or even worse X10 is going the way of the dinosaur (In home automation, IR will never die). Xantechs IR to RS232 converter is time-consuming and expensive (it is a great piece though). Moreover, a good pitch I use is that Elan, AMX, Crestron, etc is more future proof, which is true, and what customers like.

This is what you were asking for right, reasons for your customer to switch, or have a misunderstood?

Hosting Services by ipHouse