The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Saturday February 28, 2004 at 21:32
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
Now I'm completely confused........... Who started this thread??? Did you [Design4U] have someone steal your account and post all that whining?????????

350k is a lot of wire..... and now you need to find your Installers "Busy Work"??? You might want to start looking a little deeper... I dont thik AVAD is the source of your problems.

Lets look at this scenario.... If we figure and average of 75ft on a pull of cat 5e.. Thats about $5.25 in wire at 7cents a foot and a whopping $10.50 at 14 cents a foot..... Bout 1/2 hour of Labor during prewire... (We're at $65 an hour so I'll figure 32.50) Plus Zipties, and plastic staples and a p-ring... add a Cheap phone plate ($1) and 2-3 minutes of labor (ANd it seems your just banging in staples with a staple gun so subtract a buck....)brings us up to the neighborhood of $50 a pull.... Throw in a Professional Discount and a "Busy work" discount and you could sell it all day long for $35-$40 a jack and still retain some sort of profit margin as long as your doin a fair number and have installers that can actally pull a line in less than 1/2 hour.....

Now... I've seen Electricians and various slammers do this for $25-$30 a pull quite often.

If you cant get someone to understand why your $10 more expensive per pull... Well.... I just dont know what to say.... You wanna play with the guys doing $25 a jack.... Learn to deal with it.......

Or learn to say this....

"Sorry guys.. No work this week.... I'll give you a call next week"

Hosting Services by ipHouse