Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Saturday February 28, 2004 at 18:38
QQQ
January 2002
I should also explain that I live in a big city that supports the types of projects I’m interested in working on. BUT I also moved here specifically because of that. In the small city I used to live in the high-end projects weren’t there. So I either had to move or focus on the budget stuff where lowest price often ruled. I chose to move.

I don’t claim to be more successful than anyone else here; in fact I’m sure that I’m not. All I claim is that I figured out how to get out of the rat race. I love what I do and like virtually all of my clients and enjoy working with them. I used to be dejected all the time because of losing projects. And the client relationship was often an adversarial one due to the reasons so many people here rant about. It just never happens any more. It’s been years since I’ve had my time wasted by a price shopping tire kicker.

I love my work! But I only reached that point by focusing on myself as my biggest enemy stopping me from being successful and not the client or the builder or the manufacturer etc.
Enjoy your fishing for now!

And tomorrow and the year after. You won’t find me complaining (at least not about this :-)).

That’s my Anthony Robbins motivational speech for the day. Have fun ranting :-

Hosting Services by ipHouse