Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Saturday February 28, 2004 at 18:37
QQQ
January 2002
That’s the approach I took and it has worked. The MOMENT I meet with a client they know I’m NOT going to be the lowest priced. By the end of the meeting I have explained to them tactfully but confidently that I will be far from the lowest priced - and show (!!!***PROVE***!!!) to them what the end result will be.

Now in fairness, I should explain my business model. I pursue higher end work. I do NOT pursue budget/entry level work. Because that’s just part of the rat race I don’t desire to be involved in. But IF I did pursue that market, rest assured I wouldn’t spend my time complaining about it. I’d know that for that market price is a STRONG determining factor and I’d find a way to compete – OR I’d get out of that market. A BIG part of my philosophy is that every business needs to decide who it wants as customers/what projects it wants just as much as the customer decides on you. In other words who is your target market. I have a seen some companies develop a spreadsheet (for internal use, NOT the client) that asks several questions to determine if it’s a project that should be pursued.

Hosting Services by ipHouse