Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On 02/28/04 16:04, QQQ said...
You coward Impaqt :-). I know you agree with
every word I said but instead of saying so you're
going to sit back and let me take the beating
:-).

lol... I thought that would be understood without saying it in so many words..... There are obviously 2 schools of though in this forum..... Those of us who dont worry about what the guy next door is doing, and those that do....

Theres always going to be a bit of crossover between the groups, but overall, they guy who concentrate on doing the best they posibly can without worrying about what the other guys are doing tend to float to the top.....

This IS a business folks. Some people think they can make money by undercutting the next guy..... Thats OK if your working out of your Trunk or Cargo van I guess..... Low overhead.... And you can easily change your cell number to get away from the folks who are not so happy with what you did to their home....

I've been in this business a long time, and have the pleasure of working for some of the best dealers in chiago..... What I can say is this..... of the 5 companies I've worked for, one is out of business.... and that one was primarily a 2-ch and Car audio stereo shop.... 3 of the 4 didnt (And dont) worry abou the next guys.... They've all grown a LOT over the past 10 years(Even without me there.... Go figure...) and are quite successful. The 4th is a Car staero shop first and foremost and does tend to discount....their business has stayed pretty consistant.... Not growing by leaps and bounds like the other places..

Thats all fne and dandy.......

During my stay, I've seens at LEAST 20 business startup and FAIL... ANd I see many more struggling to stay afloat. I dont think its coincident that most of those business' were heavy discounters. If your a discounter, it only takes on big job to put you under. The 100k+ job looks real apealing on paper... and hey... Making 10-15k on that seems OK to a lot of folks.... But a design flaw can wipe that profit out in a hurry...

Now I'm jsut rambling....... Gotta stop now before I got too un-PC

Hosting Services by ipHouse