Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 73 made on Friday August 1, 2003 at 01:14
cmack
Long Time Member
May 2002
Imapqt,
Yea I wear all the hats. Salesman, grunt, installer, accountant, the guy who gets the credit and the boot.
And yes it's my first multi display system. Frankly I don't see why this thread has gone on this long. Nor do I think the control of this system will be that great of a challenge.
Seems others have the same view with far more experience than I. Guess theres more than one way to skin a cat.
Regardless, I do appreciate your input. (or is that output:)
BTW when the concept of 3 displays was first brought to my attention I simply thought no problem, I'll use 3 different manufacturers for the receivers and have a single page that displays channel up and down and maybe a couple favorite buttons for each. Then have a jump button that will take the client to a screen that gives them complete control of each individual receiver. No problem with IR codes because they are different manufacturers. Knowing I can use the Key Digital Piece and will avoid having to switch inputs and the DVDO to up convert a 480i signal for the VHS. It wasn't until much later that it occured to me that it would just suck to have different guides and would cause everyone to learn the OS of each receiver. Once realized, I have to make it possible to control with the budget. And yes, I explained that a more advance control system may be necessary pending his needs and the pros and cons. For them the pros did not outway the cons of a Crestron or Equivelant. A brief explanation was given on the pros and cons, and when he heard the price difference he said we'll just check the gear if we need to.
I've laid the foundation if an upgrade is needed. I just don't think it will be.....
CMack

Hosting Services by ipHouse