Post 16 made on Friday April 16, 2004 at 12:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 04/14/04 19:28, MikeTech said...
I would relay the message,
however i have such a hard time understanding
this guy when we've spoke that it's just easier
for me to do an upgrade to the original proposal.

Now to continue to be politically incorrect,

I have to assume that since you have such a hard time understanding him, that English is perhaps not his native language (note: "native language" and "native speaker" are precise linguistic terms, not some kind of putdown or insult. And yes, I DO have a degree in Linguistics.)

If his native language is not English, perhaps the United States is not his native country. Here in Southern California, that does not necessarily hold.

If his native country is not the United States, you may be barking up the wrong tree when you bargain with him, because he may understand pricing, bargaining and "a deal" completely differently than you do. In Beverly Hills, there is a subset of the population, with, yes, a particular ethnic background (not the centuries-old stereoptypical group), who will negotiate, set a price, have the work done, then start to negotiate again. This has led us to separate labor from any and all parts and components purchases in order to shorten the length of the hammer they can swing at us....

It will make him happy and he's paying good money,
so who am i to deny this man of his wishes?

What a country! as noted above. You can profit from this, although he, and perhaps you, might have a hand removed in some other country for being so sacrilegious.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse