Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday July 18, 2004 at 15:20
QQQ
January 2002
On 07/18/04 01:17, JBJ SYSTEMS said...
How is crestron on par with AMX?

I seem to recall that no more than a couple of months ago you were posting asking which of the two systems you should sell. For someone that has very little experience with either company, you sure have established an opinion fast.

I prefer Crestron, but the key word is *prefer*. I know enough to know that the REAL difference is the integrator, NOT whether they are using Crestron or AMX.
And, btw...the
more you know the more you have to do. If you
are able to sub out programming to someone who
does it on a daily basis your end result will
be better, it will cost you less, call backs due
to bugs in programming will be able to be handled
by the programmer and your time can be better
spent arranging the next job, project, design
or deal...whatever else needs to be done.

Illogical argument. One could argue the same thing about wiring – “sub it out to an electrician who does it on a daily basis”. One could argue the same thing about installing the components. Based on your reasoning one could argue that the best thing to do is just sell components and sub everything else out. And indeed there is nothing wrong with subbing out work, *but you better have an excellent knowledge of how that work should be done*.

Knowing what I know if I was a customer and heard you say “don't bother learning how to program, sub that out” I’d wouldn’t consider you for any project that required any level of integration. And I can guarantee you that if you are doing anything more than the most basic systems your customers are going to be waiting a long time to have basic issues solved if you don’t have a person on staff that can program. I’d love to hear you explain to your customer how their lighting system is going to be down for two weeks because you can’t figure out why it’s not working because your subcontractor programmer is out of town for two weeks.

This message was edited by QQQ on 07/18/04 20:11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse