Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday September 1, 2004 at 02:59
mcn779
February 2003
As you get more and more technical the object moves further and further away from you. We are dealing in the conceptual now and have been. This is maybe where I should have started. We are taking all the components inside the 3805 and using them to make a multi-zone/source receiver. You have an incredible amount of money being spent in switching all those inputs to all those output regardless of them being tape out, audio portion of the video out, video ins and outs, zone out, S-VHS in and out, composite ins and outs, component ins and outs, multi-channel audio in - I admit some are passive. So totals those all up and divide by 2 - you have the pairs of possible ins and out. Now divide that number by 2 again - you have the number of possible in and outs that are switched but way over the 6x6 for the CAV6.6. You do have remote level control (IR) over all the 7.1 channels the protocol is immaterial it could be what ever Denon wanted to program it with. Now you have a lot of money in DSP that we no longer need because we're using all this STUFF to make a multi-zone/source receiver so this gets applies to the switching for the matrix.

Does this help?

All my point is is that custom stuff (controllers) are more expensive than they could be for the same qualtiy. If the price came down (margins stay the same) we would sell more. And the increase in volume would more than make up for the drop in the price of the control pre-amp because we would be selling the difference in speakers and labor not switches.

Marc

Hosting Services by ipHouse