CresNut
Long Time Member
August 2004
On 09/02/04 12:13 ET, QQQ said...
*Maybe* I'd be a little more concerned about Crutchfield
selling the product if it was a real product and
not a piece of crap glorified round knob that
I'd be ashamed to put on a job.

While I do agree with your assessment of this particular product, the real danger is many manufactures are like sheep, or maybe more like lemmings. As soon as one of them find a bit of success the others will use that very success as a president, and if we complain THEN they will point back to this and say "We don't want to do it, but we have to stay competitive"

Think of it like this, we (the custom dealers) are like the parents. The manufactures are like the children.

Some of your kids might be like angels and those kids would never distribute their product in this way.

One of your kids is the black sheep of the family. They don't care so much for the parents and they even say to hell with the parents I will distribute my products anyway that I chose.

So YOU as the parent have a choice to make. Do you (a) let the bad child do what he wants and say nothing potentially undermining the other children and setting a bad example for them to follow? Do you (b) spank the bad child and show the other children what happens if they distribute their products such as this? Or do you do nothing and say oh well I didn’t really like that child anyway, I don’t really even acknowledge this as one of my children. Or that child is too ugly and I won’t claim to have anything to do with that child so he can run wild and distribute his products any way he wants to.

Don’t support BAD children even if they do only have 1 ugly knob.

Are you also upset that Crutchfields is selling volume controls?

Yes even that kind of bothers me, however if they promise to leave all the active components alone I would be willing to compromise and let them sell VC's.

Hosting Services by ipHouse