Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday September 2, 2004 at 01:07
CresNut
Long Time Member
August 2004
On 09/02/04 04:04 ET, Impaqt said...
CresNut............... Does your name have
anything to do with being a Crestron dealer?
I guess I assumed it did since I saw ya around
here.... I'm doubting that now.

I do sell Crestron and we program both AMX and Crestron. Why would you doubt that?

I've been in this industry a long time. I've
always specialized in Custom Projects and Customer
sevice. That combnation creates happy customers,
repeat businsess, and referals. I really dont
care what I sell as long as its reliable. As
long as I can have AMX to control it, whats behind
the Touchpanel doesnt matter to anyone. They
buy my knowledge and design.

Agreed.

Anyway, I'm really tired of theads like this...
Theres been too many lately..... There are always
exceptions, but I honestly believe that if your
business is not succeeding right now, your doing
something very wrong.

Agreed, next year will be our 20th year in this business. How long have you been in the industry?

Chicago is a Prime example of this right now.
There are a lot of Companies around here. Some
are on pace for Record years, Some are not. So
what does that say? You cant blame the market
when both ends of the spectrum can be found within
30 miles of each other. The Internet/mail order
companies are affecting Some shops but not others?
Please... Get a grip.....

Who is blaming the market??? I guess I need to spell it out for some of you.

Do you guys remember when VCR's and LaserDisc's (hint DVD's not invented yet) did not have any discrete IR codes???? (another hint, Remote Central was not around yet)

What did we do in the CEDIA industry? We complained about it. I have been involved with CEDIA since the beginning. Some of us did more than complain, we did something about it. I know that may come as a big shock to many of you but what we did is STOP specifying equipment without discrete IR codes

Did this stop manufactures from selling components without Discrete codes? Hell no, but some of them took notice and changed or added the codes, others added a service remote with these codes. When a rep would come into one of my stores with a new product I would ask them point blank do these devices have discrete IR codes. If the answer was no, or I don't know (Which means no) then I would tell him sorry we're not interested.

What do you think this thread is about? This thread is not about mail order, this thread is about sending a message just like we did with the IR codes. In other words don't support a company that has these kind of distribution channels. STOP specifying this equipment. If you do then it sends a clear message, not just to Oxmoor but to all the manufactures. If you don't and they are successful two things happen.

First only 1 percent of 1 percent of new homes installed distributed audio. So if they succeed some one fails. I understand you don't think it will happen to you. Yeah I know its always some other guys problem.

Second if they succeed then other manufactures who would normally never look to this kind of distribution may take a closer look and or start to do it themselves. If this happens then many more AV dealers will perish, and since I seem to be the only one in this thread who gives a sh#t about this industry and the people in it I will be very upset if more friends go away.

Having a good business plan is essential and should be an important part of your company, but having a profitable prosperous market is also very important.

If you don't see the real problem that we are exposing here then we won't be able to help you. Again talk to your vendors, talk to them and ask questions of them, demand to know what they intend to do, and most of all have the balls to stand up and call bullsh#t if you see it. So guess what I'm standing up and I'm calling Bullsh#t and it smells like Oxmoor.

Hosting Services by ipHouse