Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday September 4, 2004 at 20:23
randy
Founding Member
August 2001
Alan,

Yes, I got defensive and stated so in a previous post. I felt Impaqt jumped the gun and responded w/o closely reading the remarks and IF I was trying to teach someone about RS232, then yes, you are correct, it should have been corrected.

Howevery, I asked oex a simple question of what kind of connection, connector, protocol or whatever you choose to refer to it as and chose to somewhat "qualify" my question by stating that " know that you said RS232, but" so someone wouldn't blast back that it was "serial". Instead I got blasted anyway.

Oex is right...he was trying to point out something simple and it took a bad turn. For my participation I appologize.

You are also correct that it is a PC "problem" to us, but we are a small spec in their eyes and they aren't going to change. According to CEMA (the CES sponsers), numerous computer companies are larger than the entire CE market. I am not rushing to do away with legacy, THEY are and the adapters don't always work. IOGEAR and KEYSPAN are good, I own both. Belkin sucks as does an array of others. I would bet that our choices on notebooks with legacy ports goes away within a year or so which was one of my points. CE companies seem very slow to react to change, BUT if we all complain at a common place, let's say the CEDIA EXPO, maybe they will listen!

You are also correct that Crestron can't even be consistent with it's COM port pin outs...EXACTLY why their cables alone fill my case's accessory pockets!

Let's all have a beer and move on to more productive things! OK?

Randy

Hosting Services by ipHouse