Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday September 20, 2004 at 18:47
vwpower44
August 2004
The nice thing about our Home theaters is that we most of the time use the same equipment and only use equipment that has discete codes. All of our projects are saved on the same laptop computer and allow us to click and drag most of the IR codes from previous projects. We do run into problems when the customer has stuff they purchased somewhere else. On basic TSU500 pronto's and HTM i can program up very quickly with the equipment that we sell. Throw in a DVD/VCR combo or another piece of equipment and then you start adding up more time. When you move into the Xantech SPLCD's and MX3000's you have alot more programming involved in the graphics part of the programming. Also when programming favorites this can take a tremendous amount of time. I have had remotes that take 15 minutes and onse that take hours, it all depends. We als get a 74.95 trip charge out to the customers house. We have actually been thinking about raising our Programming rates. I also use alot of the MAC1 minimacronizer's which add a few more hours onto the programming, but increase the reliabliity of the end users ability to use their system. And you can avoid many return trips by using the Xantech MAC1, check it out. You can increase you time delays while not having the customer keeping the remote control aimed at the IR receiver. The MAC1 Remembers all of the IR Macro's increasing relibility. Ever since using this product for the first tiem a month ago I a sold on the MAC1. Sorry about the rambing on...

Mike
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Hosting Services by ipHouse