The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday September 20, 2004 at 18:07
ChicAugur
Long Time Member
January 2003
How good and fast are you at giving the $300 "basic"(s)

How sure are you that you won't return 3-10 times to make it a little more personal for them? If you can do it in 3-5 hours and walk away,never to return, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for you and the customer. I'd also say that with only three hours into it, it's probably not that special of a Pronto setup and not using it to the fullest of its abilities, thereby making it a glorified touchscreen universal remote.
Also, you say that we should assume that all codes are in our personal database and you have all the discreets and that everything is just plain perfect with this install. How often do you get such perfection? I believe it's rare.
It takes a programmer a good deal of time and effort and money (laptop stuff, education) to get good at programming, finding codes, making it look nice, and training the user. $300 is a good start but it really needs to be the most basic of basic and go up from there.
The systems we install have just enough markup in them to absorb the very basic programming but we still throw in a programming fee of about $350 and set a limit to the number of hours that we'll apply, (depending on how much we like the customer)sounds awful but it's true. You don't have that luxury if you are a dealer/programmer.

This message was edited by ChicAugur on 09/21/04 11:19 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse