The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 20, 2004 at 16:03
mikehifi
Long Time Member
February 2004
per the advice of a felow user, this post has been transplanted from the pronto forum to this one. i received no replies on the pronto forum, perhaps i'll get a better response on this one. for those of you who may have read this already, sorry.
the original post read:

first: I AM A DEALER/PROGRAMMER not a customer who wants a $40,000 system for $13.78 trying to find out if his installer is trying to screw him.
i wanted to make that clear first. i just read through a thread on this site where some guy got the crap kicked out of him because he didn't specify that he was a dealer.

ok, i have been programming prontos for about a year now. we have been charging $300 for a basic activity based h.t. config with all macros, nice buttons etc.. i read a thread yesterday that made me feel like i was being "pimped out" (ernie) is this enough? or should we be charging more?
for example, a system with a plasma, dvd, vcr, cd and a sat rcvr with no 2nd zone, "advanced features" or direct channel access etc would be 300 bucks.
i would like very much for a few people to respond with how much they would charge for this type of config. assume that all codes are in your personal database and you don't have to hunt for codes, you have all discreets so you don't have to write a 15-step macro to get the tv to the component input.
hopefully that will be enough info for a few responses. btw i'm in st louis, in your response, please include where in the country you are.
thanks in advance!
mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse