Audible Solutionns
March 2004
On 09/27/04 18:12 ET, Thon said...

I hate "audio-philes"
such as yourself posting non-sense about things
you know nothing about so you can feel somehow
sophisticated. If you
like this, fine, just don't pretend it's "more
realistic", because the opposite is the truth.
Why don't you just buy yourself an equalizer
and crush all the frequencies you don't like.
I hope you don't bullshit your customers this
badly, moron.

P.S. Solutions has only one n.

Thon:
Have you been speaking with my wife? You both seem to have independently reached the same conclusion. I am sure you can find many others who would agree with your opinion of me but even if 70 per cent agreed with you that I was a moran that would not make your conclusion accurate. I believe tubes are seductive despite their measurements.

Have you ever listened to a tube amp? Or are we coming from the measurements-are-everything school? I am willing to concede that when measured tubes do not come off all that good. We could debate the "realism" question until we are blue in the face but I have never felt goose bumps from a transistor amp and I have from a tube system. If you feel different does that invalidate my experience? Or is it that you only believe what your measurements tell you. Then you argree that CDs give you perfect sound forever.

If tubes did not sound so damned good why would most guitar amps use tubes? Why do so many record mastering sudios use tube amps to cut commercial CDs? If you are near NY you are welcome to come over and listen and make your own judgement? Or are you from the "I do not believe what my ears tell me only what is on my scope" school?

I am not going to get into an argument with you about tube vs transistors. To each his own. If you have ever lestened to a tube amp I doubt you would write the nonesense you did above. How you come to the conclusion I am an audiophile just because I own tube power and preamps is beyond me. I could just as well be a music lover who let his ears chose his equipment ( which is what I did and I paid retail for this equipment ) Would it make you feel better if I also confessed that I own a Macintosh MG7270 transistor amp? Or a Carver M-400? Adcom GFA 555?

As for the mis-spelling of solutions you need to talk with the moderator. I mis-typed solutionns when I signed on and the system will not permit me to correct it. Now if you have a solution that will permit me to correct this error I am all aflutter. Or maybe I am from the you will remember me because I mis-spelled department.

Alan

This message was edited by Audible Solutionns on 09/27/04 17:50 ET.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse