The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 19, 2004 at 09:24
john mulgrew
Long Time Member
July 2002
Has anyone run into this? I'm useing a Nec 50mx4a plasma with a sci atl 4200hd. The cable box is conected to the Tv with a component cable when they are listening through the receiver and a DVI when they listen through the TV's speakers. When the tv is powered off the audio outputs of the cable box go dead. This is a problem because the cable box is also a shared source with there multiroom system. I traced back the problem to the DVI conection. When I unplug the DVI at the box or TV end the audio outs of the cable box will immediatly come back on. I think that the problem may have something to do with the HDCP. When i switch the TV to the DVI input I get a message from the cable box that says somthing like, TV can't display HDCP please use component outputs. This message will disapear after 5 seconds and we get a picture. Because the picture will show up I left it conected this way. Does anyone know why this is happening? I know a few ways I can fix this but I would like to understand what is causeing this problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse